PA Conservation Works! Energy Grant Program
New Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Grant Program Provides Up to $250,000
Reading Electric, a leading supplier of electro-mechanical equipment, services, and problem solver for over 50 years provides technical information to the region’s Commercial and Industrial Community. This Bulletin provides information on the recently finalized PA Conservation Works! Energy Grant Program, which will provide grants to Local Governments, Municipalities, Non-profit Entities, Colleges and Universities for projects that will save or conserve a minimum of 25% of all energy used.
A total of up to $22.2 million is available under this Program. Funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is making the program possible. It will be administered by the PA Department of Environmental Protection.
PA Conservation Works! is a competitive grant program. Eligible projects include energy efficiency or renewable energy projects which replace at least 25% of a building or entity’s existing energy usage.
Summary of Grant Program Eligibility
» Eligible Projects Include
- Energy efficient lighting, including streetlight or outdoor lighting
- Energy efficiency retrofits of existing buildings, high efficiency furnaces, boilers and air conditioners, energy efficient ventilation systems, windows, sealing, insulation, and automated control systems
- Energy efficiency upgrades at wastewater treatment plants
- Installation of geothermal heat pump systems
- Premium efficiency motors and variable speed drives
- Deployment of Renewable Energy Technologies:
Solar energy, wind energy, fuel cells, biomass, biogas and low-impact hydro on or in government buildings
» Comprehensive energy audits, energy plans, development of energy strategies, energy modeling, commissioning, certification and design are eligible project expenses.
Update: The Application Deadline to Apply for this Program is August 14, 2009.
Reading Electric has Provided 24/7 Emergency Repair & Service for over 50 Years!